Pages

5/17/08

Library Day


Reed and Will love to go to story time on Thursdays at our public library.  Reed sits down when we get there and doesn't move a muscle.  Will sits down and up and moves the chairs and talks and is just plain ACTIVE.  I would guess they have different personalities ;P  Sometimes we get lucky and Riley and TJ are there with us.  It's ALWAYS more fun with Riley and TJ.

Speaking of different personalities and reading, one of my ALL TIME favorite books is by Dr Robert Rohm called "Positive Personality Profiles".  This book is vital for anyone wanting to get along with people.  Whether it's getting along with people as a "D" personality which means (they do what you want, right NOW and everybody's following  your lead) or getting along with others, you being and "I" personality (PARTY!!!).  If you just love everyone and you're the perfect friend (hello "S" person) or you know that we'd all get along if we all did things the right way (shout out to the "C" personality).

Me being a "D" personality, I always wondered why people annoyed me and I'd rather compete than get along.  Hello and THANK YOU Dr Rohm!!  Because it's my personality.  I have a CD of one of Dr Rohms seminars and on it he says "Your personality dictates 99% of what you do".  Eye opening experience hence I am changed and enlightened for life.  READ IT!!! (d's love to tell people what to do)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nikki-

Your tagged go to my blog to see what you do.

Anonymous said...

Loved the kid joke you posted! I'm 1/4 of the way through the book & am finding it quite interesting.
You should be thankful that I was unmotivated to join the weight loss challenge cause I'd be kickin' all your hineys right now! WOO HOO!!!